A mobile POS software for turbo-charging your business: sell anywhere, anytime
Are you looking for ways to optimize the efficiency and profitability of your business? In this article, we’ll explore key ways Small and Medium Enterprises are turbo-charging their businesses by optimizing how they operate their point of sale strategy.
Automation and integration from the supply chain right through to the point of sale are essential parts of an effective omnichannel strategy and help promote business growth.
We’ll also cover questions commonly asked, such as: what is a POS system, what is an omnichannel strategy and what are POS cloud-based solutions
A POS system allows you to automatically update all your records in real time
- POS integration, smart way to strengthen all aspects of your operations
- POS terminology
- How POS automation can help turbo-charge your business
Retailers today compete in an omnichannel market
- Retailers can now sell their products almost anywhere
- Does your POS system meet all your omnichannel needs?
- What is the right Point of Sale System for your Business?
- Fixed versus mobile cloud-based POS systems
Erplain the easy-to-use, omnichannel POS system for startups
There's simply no better way to drive real growth than centralizing your data in real time across all sales channels
To efficiently manage your business today, you need real-time inventory updates and accurate sales data wherever and whenever you make a sale.
To the age of eCommerce and Omnichannel marketing, your POS and inventory management systems need to be fully integrated and operational 24/7. To meet customer demands and keep on top of inventory levels, today’s retailers, distributors and wholesalers need to be ahead-of-the-curve when it comes to how they manage their Point of Sale solution.
Increasingly retailers are relying on integrated, cloud-based tools to integrate and streamline sales orders, bookkeeping, deliveries and maintain healthy inventory levels.
A POS SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY UPDATES ALL YOUR RECORDS IN REAL TIME
POS integration is a smart way to strengthen all aspects of your operations:
Imagine all the benefits of being able to automatically update your sales records, inventory levels, books, customer information with every sale you make.
POS Software plays a key role in the efficient management of any business by enabling retailers to integrate the following:
• Creation and recording of the total amount (including sales taxes) a customer owes when they purchase goods
• Issuing bills for sold goods
• Inputting customer information
• Instantly updating inventory data and your business’ books
POS System refers to the hardware and software used to conduct transactions. A POS system includes:
• POS software
• Touchscreens for entering purchased items or Cash registers (for traditional versions)
• Barcode scanners
• Printers for transactions
• Payment processor terminals with keypads for tapping, scanning or inserting credit and debit cards and processing transaction
• Fortunately for startups, less costly and more mobile POS systems exist today that allow them to sell to customers with just an App, a smartphone and a tablet
POS System price model
Two options: pay outright for or on a subscription base (monthly or yearly).
• Pay outright: you own your system and have a complete control of your solution. But prices can vary a lot and reach big amount of money especially when you need customizable versions, maintenance and upgrade.
• Monthly (or yearly) subscription: You don’t need to invest a lot at first and keep the money for other investments especially when you start your business. Furthermore, you benefit from regular free updates and maintenance.
POS Payments refers to the preferred methods of payments of customers. These include:
• Credit Cards
• Smartphone wallets (e.g., Apple Pay)
How POS automation can help turbo-charge your business
Here’s how flexible and affordable cloud-based POS solutions can help grow your business.
INCREASE YOUR MARGINS BY:
- Leveraging automation to eliminate redundant tasks (such as manual stock level checks and the manual updating of books) and thereby reduce your labour costs.
- Daily monitoring and tracking of KPIs, including sales figures and stock levels in real-time enables you to strategically spot and respond to business opportunities and gaps faster.
- Being able to quickly identify, acknowledge and reward your most valuable customers, top performing stores and sales staff.
WORK SMARTER BY:
- Making your company more time efficient and improve communication across teams.
- Creating more accurate up-to-date reports and relying on real-time inventory and sales statistics to make important business decisions.
- Automating your operations to reduce the risk of human error and costly mistakes.
IMPROVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION BY:
- Creating customized profiles which you can pull up at the POS to serve your customers better.
- Minimizing the risk of running out of stock and alienating your customers.
- Spending less time on paperwork and more time helping and servicing your clients.
- Facilitating customer returns and warranty issues in store.
- Offering and managing discounts to promote customer loyalty and repeat business.
RETAILERS TODAY COMPETE IN AN OMNICHANNEL MARKET
Retailers can now sell their products almost anywhere
How people shop has changed dramatically in the past two decades. It’s easier than ever to make sales on-the-go wherever you conduct your business.
How and where companies sell their products is much more diverse than it used to be. Companies can now sell in different places to be always closer to the consumers:
The good news is that keeping on top of sales, billing and inventory level information is easier than ever thanks to cloud-based tools.
Does your POS system meet all your omnichannel needs?
The greater the number of sales channels you have, the harder it is to streamline your inventory and sales records manually.
The logistics of managing inventory and sales in an omnichannel environment can be daunting for both startups and established small businesses. In the age of eCommerce, sales channels are more varied than ever before. Fortunately, cloud-based POS software enables you to instantly update your sales records, inventory and books wherever you make a sale.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR POS SYSTEM
Ideally, your POS System should provide you with the flexibility you need to sell your products wherever your customers buy them: in store, at events or online. Another POS must-have is the ability to automatically update your inventory, financial books and customer history with every transaction, which will save you time and energy, and allow you to focus on your customers and growing your business.
What is the right Point of Sale System for your business?
Choosing the right Point of Sale System for your business depends on multiple factors, including:
• The size and revenue stream of your business
- Large retail and supermarket chains rely on powerful in-house software, a mainframe and intranet system to manage sales and inventory across their network. Chains such as these use conventional and personalized systems. POS systems like this are not within the budgets of most startups. Such set ups work well in a brick-mortar-environment but are not portable or suitable for SME pop-up boutiques or E-commerce.
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises today increasingly rely on less expensive cloud-based POS systems that only require a computer or tablet (equipped with POS software), a smartphone (which serves as a barcode scanner and credit card reader) and a portable printer.
• Where and how you sell your goods. Conventional Uni-Channel POS systems are ideally suited for Brick and Mortar stores. Cloud-based, omnichannel POS systems (which only require tablets and smartphones) allow you to sell your product anywhere, including boutiques with a physical location.
• Different business sectors have different POS system needs. The POS system that is the perfect fit for your business all depends on the sector within which you compete.
- Wholesalers, distributors and retailers need a system that is able to update their customer records, inventory, and sales records at the POS plus be able to handle returns and warranty claims.
- Specific business such as: restaurants require a POS system with specific features including advanced booking, dish customizations, take-out and delivery features or hair salons require POS systems that can handle the management of appointments.
Fixed versus mobile cloud-based POS systems
ERPLAIN THE EASY-TO-USE, OMNICHANNEL POS SYSTEM FOR STARTUPS
Our comprehensive and affordable POS system is a smart choice for retailers, wholesalers and distributors.
Fortunately for startups and established SMEs, managing sales records and inventory from the POS has never been easier or more affordable.
Erplain POS is a fully integrated, 360° inventory and sales management system for retail boutiques, events and online stores.
Install Erplain POS on your tablet or smartphone and start selling in-store or on the go. You can scan items and select them directly from the interface. Easy to use, user-friendly and fast - You won't miss out on any sales!
To learn more about the erplain POS system, please click here.
ERPLAIN'S SIMPLIFIED POS SYSTEM
Sell Anytime, Anywhere With iPad and iPhone
Erplain POS is the perfect solution for managing both your in-store sales and professional sales during trade fairs and events. Synchronize it with the inventory you're putting on exhibit, and sell directly from your stand.
Accept Different Payment Methods
Whether your customers pay in cash, by check, by debit, by credit card or e-wallet, the POS accepts all payment methods. erplain also automatically calculates the change.
Send or Print Receipts
E-mail the receipt or print it using the cashier terminal. With Erplain POS, no need to print the receipt everytime! Save paper and your client nerver lose the receipt by simply receiving an email with the receipt of the purchase.
Integrate and Automate Information Across Your OmniChannel sales
Erplain POS is the ideal tool for wholesalers and distributors looking to also sell their products in physical stores or during events. Thanks to the cashier terminal, you can now sell B2C as well as B2B, and your inventory will be synchronized in real time.
Automatically Update Inventory
Your inventory is updated automatically after each sale and synchronizes with your erplain account. No more risk of making mistakes making sales at different points of sale. Multi-channel management becomes child’s play.
Manage Customer Records
Easily update customer records. Erplain makes it easy to edit and create customer profiles, update customer history, track customer loyalty, and send emails.
Monitor your KPIs (including sales figures, turnover, profit margins) in real time.
- Indoor and outdoor events (fairs, markets, concerts, trade shows and conventions)
- Pop-up stores
- Brick-and-mortar boutiques
- And online 24/7